Thanks Sherri from USA (FL) for sharing with us the TDS-2B DRO on 13" Southbend, circa 1947
Photos from Sherri:-
Anyway, I proceeded with the installation and got side-tracked with cleaning. So, here are the pictures you asked for.
0870.jpg -- This is a view of the x-axis. Note how the custom bracket I made mounts to the taper attachment and places the x-axis scale and transducer farther away from the work piece. This installation would interfere with the follow rest mounting, if I had one.
0871.jpg -- If you look closely in the shadows of the brown shelf, you can see I found an alternative use for the z-axis scale protective cover. It is now serving as a cable raceway, providing additional protection to the transducers armored cable.
0872.jpg -- A picture of the z-axis scale with the taper attachment in the distance. It doesn't show very well in this picture, but the lathe's saddle ways overhang the scale considerably. I opted to mount the scale as high as possible to make use of the protection offered by the overhang, instead of using the aluminum extrusion you provided in the kit. The taper attachment helps protect it as well and was ultimately crowding the installation of the provide scale cover.
0873.jpg -- The upper scale is the x-axis with the transducer mounted stationary. The lower one is the z-axis where the scale, itself is mounted stationary to the lathe bed casting. This picture show the z-axis transducer and all cable straps mounted to the underside of the taper attachment.
0874.jpg -- Another look at my custom x-axis mounting bracket.
Thanks for sharing your photo , Cheers