Thursday, January 24, 2008

66- mTech DRO-2M on Pallas Mill from JOHN GRAY (UK)

Thanks John for sharing with us his DRO installation on his Pallas Milling machine. The mTECH DRO2M system is used.

Here is what John had said about the installation:"

"I have installed the DRO onto my milling machine, and I have attached some photos as you suggested. I plan to fit the cover to the X axis slide to protect it, however the Y axis one I think will be more difficult to cover and in any case it is quite well shielded where it is. The Y axis slider was the most difficult to fit because it was mounted onto the cast surface of the knee and there wasn't a convienient place to fix the bracket to, so I utilised the mounting bolts of the lead screw nut. I had to space the X axis slider out from the table so that it would miss the auto feed 'knock off' plungers.
I have been using the machine today, and it all seems to working fine. The readout agrees exactly with the dials on the machine, as you would expect!
Thanks for your prompt replies to all my questions.. "
regards, John.
(Exact wording from John's reply, no editing was done)

Overall view of the machine


Close-up look of the mTECH DRO2M



The X axis installation


The Y axis installation.



Thank you John for sharing with us.

No comments: