" Dear dro_trader,
As you might recall, i just purchased a DRO for a lathe from you.
A couple comments:
I was very pleased with the unit and the installation kit.
The variety of screws and brackets, made it very easy to install. "
Photos from Greg:-
Comments from Greg
"We mounted the display on the steel truss next to the machine.
The advantage is a very solid mounting and no vibration from the machine."
4) X axis Scale -close up
1. Leaving the sensor attached to the scale made it much easier to set the spacing.
2. Take your time, it took me about 15 hours to complete.
3. I had a friend hold the long scale while mounting to protect it.
4. Adjustments should be done a little at a time, moving the carriage front to back each time.
5. Have a good metric tap set"
After the installation Greg did his his job with the mTECH DRO:
"The first project we did with the display was incredible.
What took time for us to stop an measure, the display and calculator (nearby) made the math easy,
and project was right on the first pass."
Great Job !! Thanks for sharing your photo and giving tips for installation, Cheers